Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bellarotti

I have always been a "crafty" person. I love to create things. I love ideas of things. I have always jumped from one craft to another. I hadn't found THE thing. You know the one thing that just sets your creative gears in motion and changes you from a crafty person to an artist.

Then I worked with glass.

It was like everything clicked and I knew THIS was my medium.

I don't just do stained glass, mosaics, or jewelry. If it involves glass I will try it. I am mostly into something called GOG with is glass on glass mosaics but I don't limit myself.

I created this blog as a place to share my work, ideas, and love of glass.

I think my favorite thing about working with glass is that I am creating something beautiful from something broken. I believe in the Japanese philosophy of Kintsugi where broken things are beautifully repaired and believed to be more valuable because of the damage. I think that is the way it is in life. It doesn't always go as planned so we pick ourselves up and are stronger because we were broken.

I hope you enjoy seeing my work and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment